1. Protecting your personal information
Personal information refers to information or opinions about, or from a person who is identified, or
who can reasonably be identified from that information.
We are committed to protecting andrespecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the information we collect, store and disclose.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure with appropriate safeguards, including password protection and controlled access, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, app and booking platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you use our website, app and booking platform (the “Scoute Network”), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.scoute.co you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Scoute Ltd, incorporated in England under company registration number 12245405. Our registered office is at Scoute Ltd 86-90 Paul Street,London,EC2A 4NE.
2. Why we collect information
We collect, process and store personal information for a variety of reasons, including to provide our service of connecting patients with the most appropriate dentists and dental care professionals, more effective responses to requests, improvement of the services we provide, customising your experience, maintaining security, maintaining business records for audits and reporting obligations and compliance with legal or regulatory requirements.
3. Information we collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. If you are a patient, the information your give us may include your name, age, sex, date of birth, contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses) insurance authorisation code, address, details of your general practitioner, insurance policy number, dental care provider booked, time of booking, date and location of booking and other relevant free text. If you are a dentist or dental care professional, the personal data we will handle includes but is not limited to, age, sex, date of birth, contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses), details of your place of work, your qualifications, key search words, patient booking slots and/or languages spoken.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically
collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your location, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system;
- Information about your visit, including the pages on our site that your visit, page response times and page interaction information.
4. How we use information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including sharing you personal information with the organisations involves in providing care to you, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you.
5. Protecting and disclosing information
We only share identifiable information about patients with trusted partners for the purpose, or related purpose it was collected. Identifiable information about dentists and dental care professionals is shared as part of the reviews left by patients across the Scoute Network, which are generally available to the public. We may also share publicly available review data with insurance providers.
We also create anonymous data from the personal data flowing through the Scoute Network. We do not commercialise patient identifiable data.
If our business is sold, we will transfer your data to the purchaser because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer When requested or required, we may be obliged to share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scoute Ltd, our customers, or others.
We use external organisations to provide maintenance, hosting and database management services to us and some are outside the European Economic Area. Your information will only be shared with third parties who have a commitment to maintaining security and confidentiality and only in connection with our services.
6. Retaining information
Where you sign up to the Scoute Network as a patient or a dentist or dental care professional we will hold on to your information only for as long as necessary, after which we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
Where you are only receiving technical or marketing information from us, we will store your contact details until you unsubscribe, or withdraw your consent to receive these communications from us. Please keep in mind that very limited details (your email address) may be retained by us in accordance with data protection law to ensure we don’t contact you again.
Where you provide information in connection with reporting a problem with our service, we will store any such information for as long as reasonably required to fix such a problem and prevent any future occurrences.
Where you contact us and we keep a record of that correspondence we will keep that for as long as is reasonably required.
7. Access to information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and you are entitled to access the information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise your rights under data protection law, please contact us at email@example.com.